Graduate Student Ambassador
Duties of Ambassadors:
- Coordinate and provide graduate tours on campus for prospective and new graduate students
- Assist with on campus recruitment events
- Group visits, UNT Preview, Grad Studies Expo, Graduate/Professional School Day, various recruitment events
- Communicate with prospective students about admissions processes, degree program options, visitor information and more.
- Email, phone for various campaigns, write blog content, social media posts
- Assist with data entry of prospective students into database
- Degree-seeking graduate student (full-time preferred)
- Completion of at least one long semester at UNT
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to describe experience as a UNT graduate student in an objective and professional manner
- 20 hours each week, some Saturdays required
- Attend at least one major recruiting event during the academic semester
- Make satisfactory progress toward the completion of your degree
Submit the following to email@example.com or bring to the ESSC, 3rd floor to the Toulouse Graduate School.
- An application form
- A current resume or CV
- An unofficial transcript (can be found on my.unt.edu)
- An essay of 250-500 words. Explain why you would like to be a Graduate Student Ambassador. Discuss the traits or skills that you have that will make you a good Ambassador and what you hope to gain by participating in the program.
Outline of position:
$11.50/hour rate for events or time in the office of 20 hours/week. More hours occasionally required during periods of travel.
Position will be reviewed at the end of Spring 2018 for continuance.
Note: This position is not available to those who already hold an assistantship position within their department.