Graduate Peer Academic Leader (Job ID: 143270)
This position has an anticipated start date of August 24th. Interested applicants can apply through Eagle Careers. Questions can be directed to Allyson.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Graduate Peer Academic Leader is a model graduate student who effectively provides academic support to peers by delivering the graduate academic support services the Learning Center provides. These services currently include the 6 week GRE preparation course, graduate student academic coaching, graduate student tutoring, and workshops for getting into graduate school.
Job duties are as follows:
• Teach the GRE preparation course (when the course is in session)
• Conduct and log peer academic coaching sessions for graduate students
• Conduct and log tutoring sessions for graduate students
o Which courses you will tutor will depend on the courses you’ve taken and student demand
• Present the Graduate School: Guide to Getting In Workshop
• Attend all trainings and meetings as directed by your supervisor
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Requirements to be a Graduate Peer Academic Leader:
• A GPA of 3.0 or higher
• A Bachelor’s Degree
• Must be enrolled in graduate classes for Fall 2017
• Both an A and overall proficiency in the graduate level courses you would like to tutor
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• The ability to connect with students and provide guidance to support their success
• Computer proficiency
• Knowledge of campus resources
• Must be available for 15 hours a week in the Learning Center
• Must be available to work at least one weeknight after 5pm
Please note that you will need to complete both the Eagle Career application and a paper application linked on Eagle Careers to be eligible for an interview.