Our goal is to get students from educated to hired with marketable linguistics specific skills.
As you begin to apply, keep in mind these general ideas:
- Getting the perfect job takes time and dedication. As much time as you put into perfecting your resume is the minimum amount of time you should spend searching.
- Begin applying about 3-5 months before graduation. It really does take recruiters that long to get to you.
- Resumes are short and summarized. CVs are longer and more detailed. Check out our career center for insights on a strong, outstanding resume.
- More companies are looking into your social media profile before even calling you. Make sure you're up to date!
- Networking activities happen on campus regularly. Check Handshake and sign up for alerts.
Assistantships, grad student employment, and other jobs within the Linguistics department can be found in Handshake.
For graduate students, be sure to fill out the Financial Support Application. You can learn more about the application and deadlines for submission.
General employment opportunities:
- https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/ (must have a linkedin profile)
- https://www.dice.com/ (for jobs in the tech field)
- https://angel.co/ (for opportunities with startups)
Example of Past Job Opportunities Related to Linguistics
- GPO Specialist | Location: Carrollton, TX | Company: AmerisourceBergen
- Content Manager | Location: Houston, TX | Company: Landry’s
- Japanese-Bilingual Administrative Translator/Interpreter | Location: San Antonio, TX | Company: TOP Group
- Language Access Interpreter | Location: Dallas, TX | Company: Children’s Health
- Data Scientist | Location: Richardson, TX | Company: Infosys
- Teacher | Location: Colleyville, TX | Company: Tutor Time Learning Centers
- Summer Learning Academy Teacher| Location: Dallas, TX | Company: YMCA
- Two’s Teacher | Location: Plano, TX | Company: Lionheart Children’s Academy
- Teacher| Location: Prosper, TX | Company: The Children’s Courtyard
- PT English Pronunciation Language Instructor| Location: Carrollton, TX | Company: Berlitz
- 6th Grade English Language Arts and Social Studies Teacher | Location: Dallas, TX | Company: Dallas Clay Classical Academy
- PT Online English Teacher| Location: San Antonio, TX | Company: Qkids
- English Language Instructor, MID | Location: Dallas, TX | Company: Booz Allen
- Teacher (multiple positions) | Location: TX (multiple locations)| Company: Faith Family Academy Charters
- Machine Learning Engineer | Location: Plano, TX | Company: Capital One
- Machine Learning Engineer | Location: Southlake, TX | Company: Verizon
- Machine Learning Engineer | Location: Dallas, TX | Company: Dialexa
- Instructor, Computer-Aided Drafting Technology | Location: Brownsville, TX | Company: Texas Southmost College
- Linguistic Tester (multiple positions) | Location: Austin, TX (multiple locations) | Company: Welocalize
- Bilingual Customer Retention Rep| Location: McKinney, TX | Company: Torchmark Corporation
- Machine Learning Scientist | Location: Sunnyvale, CA| Company: Walmart