Human Computer Technology is an evolving interdisciplinary field that includes computational linguistics, natural language processing, machine translation and artificial intelligence. The concentration provides graduates with the knowledge needed to work with language based technologies such as speech recognition, speech synthesis, machine translation, search engines and computer assisted services. Graduates will have a better understanding of human computer interaction issues and interfaces.
- LING 3070 - Introduction to Linguistics
- LING 4130 - Language Data Management
- INFO 4730 - Digital Preservation
- LING 4050 - Morphology and Syntax
- LING 4140 - Computational Linguistics
- LING 4900 or INFO 4900 - Special Problems in Linguistics/Special Problems in Information Science