We're glad you're here!
Welcome to the Department of Linguistics at UNT!
If you're ready to apply, select one of the following options that best describes your status and take a tour of our beautiful campus.
The Department of Linguistics, part of the College of Information, was formed in 2015.
- BA in Linguistics
- BA in Linguistics with a minor in Information Science
- BA in Linguistics with a minor in Human Language Technology
- MA in English as Second Language
- MA in Linguistics
- MA in Linguistics with a concentration in Digital Language Analysis
- MA in Linguistics with a concentration in Computational Linguistics
- GAC in Computational Linguistics
- GAC in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Admissions Process - Coming Soon
The University of North Texas Information Science PhD Program, IS PhD, responds to the varied and changing needs of an information age, and to the increasing recognition of the central role of information and information technologies in individual, social, economic and cultural affairs. Graduates of the program are prepared to contribute to the advancement and evolution of the information society in a variety of roles and settings as administrators, researchers and educators.